ten thousand places

ramblings, musings, questions, thoughts on literature, theology and life in general

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Don't Waste Your Cancer

Wow. I doubt anyone reads this blog anymore, it's really been a while since I've touched it. I guess I designed this originally as a place to think out loud (as opposed to bragging about my children) and I've been sort of overwhelmed since mid-February, or I guess the end of January. It pretty much went like this:
Jeff totals car
Dad in hospital
Sister totals car
Sister has a sarcoma
Sister may not have a sarcoma
Me pregnant
Sister has major surgery, but not cancer
Me not pregnant
Vacation
Jeff gone
VBS
Emmie has major infection (that's now.)

So. I just read this article by John Piper and David Powlison in the latest Journal of Biblical Counseling called "Don't Waste Your Cancer". They both have cancer, and it's basically ten ways you "waste" the trial you're in. It's a great gut-checker. For instance, "10. You will waste your cancer if you fail to use it as a means of witness to the truth and glory of Christ." Great re-focusing point.

2 Comments:

At Wed Aug 09, 06:40:00 AM CST, Blogger Hannah said...

I too have just been checking it sporadically, in hopes of a new post.

 
At Wed Aug 09, 08:11:00 PM CST, Blogger Krista said...

me too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home