ten thousand places

ramblings, musings, questions, thoughts on literature, theology and life in general

Thursday, November 17, 2005

wooden toys

I think my kids will look back on this period of our lives and say, "Remember when mom totally freaked out and shopped at Wild Oats and bought us wooden toys and drank carrot juice every day?" In the days of the i-pod, blackberry, and x-box, I am really into well-made wooden toys for my children. Why? Well, they aren't usually ugly, they don't fall apart in ten minutes, and they're classic.

I also like modern design-type toys. Like the Museum of Modern Art's store. It's got really fun-looking yet not walmarty toys, puzzles, games, etc. The question is, will the little imps like this stuff or hate it - and look back at this time and mock me for it when they are twenty-somethings?

2 Comments:

At Fri Nov 18, 12:33:00 PM CST, Blogger kaelum said...

i made my mom promise to never buy her theoretical grandchildren anything from toys-r-us or walmart.

and theres nothing wrong with carrot juice- its not like you joined a commune!

 
At Mon Nov 21, 03:26:00 PM CST, Blogger jigawatt said...

Minimalism, Buy Nothing Christmas, Wooden Toys. . . I think Judy is becoming Amish.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home